Wednesday 25 June 2008

Driving

I've been a bit busy at work recently so haen't posted for a while.
In the last couple of weeks I've bought a car (Honda City) and passed my driving test.

In most countries, the test itself is he hard part. However here, all I had to do was drive the car in a straight line, do a u-turn and come back again. All this was on a deserted road. But India being India, the difficult part is getting the test, waiting around for a couple of hours, then after passing, waiting around to get the license itself. At least I can legally drive in India for the next 20 years.

Everyone was telling me that driving in India is crazy, although I'm actually enjoying it. It does require a lot of concentration though. The main differences are the motor bikes and auto-rickshaws zipping in between the cars. In heavy traffic if you leave any kind of gap between you and the car in front, it is instantly filled by bikes!

No comments: